This book will be out and about from August 1.
The author is nervous. There are ructions, internal, external.
- is it all about the "second novel" syndrome?
- is it because the book is personal and this makes him fear almost any responses to it?
- is it because his partner has said she is not sure she wants to read it?
- is it normal writer-anxiety?
- is he only asking these questions to fulfil a blog commitment?
Here is a photograph of the author (right side of front row, on the end, almost cut in two), outside the Bank of New South Wales, Goroka, Papua New Guinea, 1968.
It's not the bank building, it's the building we lived in, the one we called the "bank mess". And it was a mess.